6 Steps To Concrete Your Success In 2010
I love how the new year always brings a special refreshed feeling of energy, determination and ideas for making the new year better than the last.
I’m really excited about 2010, and you should be too!
Each one of us has a spotless 365 days ahead of us — now 361 days left — to plan and achieve the goals for a better life, better business, better health for ourselves and those around us.
The future is glistening white and the choice is 100% up to you what you want to do with yours.
Life, much like business, is a constant journey of discovery and learning. We should never stop, because there is always something new around every corner.
I love this quote because it reminds me that we are in control of our future…
“The choices we make and the chances we take, determine our destiny.” – Author Unknown
Sometimes the choices we make take us down the wrong track…mistakes are hard to avoid, but the important thing is to quickly recognize the mistake and get back on the right path.
There are many principles for success in life and business and I want to share a few I always live by and I encourage you to adopt any you like into your life and business.
1. A Positive Mind Set – You Can Do It! It all starts with this. If your mind set is not positive, you can’t move forward. Negativity will always hold you back. Your limitations are only bound by your imagination, so don’t hold back, anything is possible when you set your mind and body to it.
2. A Precise Step-by-Step Plan – As the famous proverb goes: “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” A plan gives us a guide to follow. It gives us clarity. The more detailed and precise it is, the easier and faster you can achieve it.
3. Taking Action – Procrastination is a big success stopper for the majority of business owners and entrepreneurs. You need to avoid distraction and set aside time to focus and work your plan. Don’t forget to set deadlines on each action plan and to also plan to give yourself rewards along the way.
4. Develop Skills – We are in business because we can help people in certain areas we have skill in. We should be ever trying to develop our skills or attain more so we can keep helping people and in turn help ourselves. Often, it’s the teacher who learns the most.
5. Give More Than Expected – A huge principle for success in business and life is to remove greed and really over-deliver. Provide great value for money and quality products and services that will change peopel’s lives for the better. This is one of my favorite quites from Zig Ziglar:
“You can have everything in life that you want if you just give enough other people what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
6. Never Give Up – Success is guaranteed if you never stop. Just keep going towards your goal and never divert from the road leading to it. It may take longer than expected, but every little thing you do counts and takes you closer to achieving your dreams.
And remember, happiness is a journey not a destination. I’m looking forward to enjoying and growing everyday of this new year with you!
To a fantastically happy, healthy and successful 2010,