Challenge: Get 1000 Likes On My Facebook Page
If you go to my Facebook page, you’ll see I only have 633 likes at time of writing this.
My goal is to reach 1000 ‘real’ fans by the end of June 2011.
‘Click to Like It!’
And by real fans, I mean ‘real’ people who have chosen to follow me.
See, anyone can do the sneaky practice of buying facebook fans. Heck, you could have a million facebook fans if you just went out and bought all of them (hint: fiverr.com)..
But the unfortunate thing is that if you buy fans like that, what are they going to be worth to you?
They are not going to be people who know you, trust you or even really like you. They will just be a number. But if that’s all you care about, then go for it.
But if you do care and want a fan base of real people who know you, trust you and have an interest in what you’re sharing, then it will be much more beneficial for your business and time.
So as I said, at this point in time, my fan page has only 633 likes.
I need to get 367 more likes to reach my goal.
There are 15 days left in June so that means I need 24 likes a day.
So how am I going to go about it?
I have a few ideas..
- First, I’ll be posting lots of good content to my facebook fan page and also to my regular profile pointing them to my fan page.
- I’ll also be using Twitter too.. as I have a lot of followers there who can help the viral swing of things.
- In all my emails I send to my subscribers, I’ll add a link to my facebook fan page.
- I’m thinking of running a competition where winners will get something free.. a permanent link from my blog or thankyou page or a promotion of your product to my list etc.
- I’ll do these things for a little while and if it’s looking like I won’t reach 1000 fans, I’ll have to pull out the big guns and incorporate some kind of funky FB script!
Well, I’d better get crackin!
Check back here for updates on this challenge. And if you have any advice, please share it with me!
p.s. Please go visit and like my FB page if you haven’t already. I’ll be sharing some awesome free content on there over the next couple of weeks. And when I reach 1000, I’ll be giving away something special to my fans as a special treat.