How To Start Building A List (Or Build Your List Faster)
Welcome to today’s lesson! I’m going to give you a simple step by step process on How to build a list from scratch or build your list faster if you’ve already started.
First let me ask the question – are you building a list?
Why You Should Be Building a List
If you’re just new to online marketing, you may not know about list building yet, so here is why you need to be building a list…
1. It’s free advertising for life – once you have people on your list, you can email them any time and get them to any website you want.
2. It lets you make MOOLAH on AUTO-PILOT! Yes, automation is a beautiful thing! When you use an Autoresponder, such as Aweber to build yourself a list of subscribers, you can set emails to go out automatically at timed intervals which you can set. You can have anything in these emails.. (hint: have a link to a product) so this way you can really be marketing and pulling in sales from your subscribers while sitting on a beach in the Bahamas.
So if those two thing alone don’t sell you on the need to be list building, then I don’t know what will!
How You Can Start : A 4 Step Process
The next part of my lesson today is how you can start to build a list… or build your list bigger if you already have one..
The first step to getting started building a list is…
1. Choose a niche market – if you already have a niche, great! Skip to the next point.
If you don’t know which niche to enter, choose one that you’re interested in and you know that people are spending money in. I don’t recommend getting into a niche that you have no interest in and little knowledge about.
2. Create something of value to give away – and this is critical to your list building success! Find out what your niche market wants.. and create a free product (PDF, Video, Audio etc) that helps to provide that. In most cases, your product should be an answer to a problem they are having.
3. Set up a squeeze page – This is a simple web page which is designed solely to sell your free product by asking for people’s email addresses. To collect their names and email addresses, you need an autoresponder such as aweber.
And to create a Squeeze page, you can get templates or you can use a tool like WP Optins which works with WordPress and allows you to create amazing squeeze pages without knowing anything about HTML or FTP.. so it’s perfect for newbies or busy marketers.
4. Send Targeted Visitors to your squeeze page. Or in other words – TRAFFIC! This is where many new marketers fall over, but I’ll share ONE strategy you can use to get the right people seeing your squeeze page fast!
The method is solo ads. A solo ad is similar to an ezine (email newsletter) ad.. but in a solo ad, your ad is the main focus in that email. There are no other advertisers in that solo ad that you purchase.
So you may have guessed, solo ads are not free. You have to pay for solo ads, but you can usually choose an ad that will suit ANY budget. Even for as low as $5!
Solo ads are up there as one of my favorite traffic sources.. because you can get high quality traffic, instantly!
You just need to go out and find vendors selling solo ads. You can use Google.. search for “your niche solo ads”. I’m sure if you’re in a popular niche you’ll be find a few listed.
Happy list building!
p.s. If you struggle with squeeze page creation, I recommend you checkout WP Optins 2.0 plugin for WordPress. This tool removes the learning curve and makes it easy to create awesome looking squeeze pages in minutes.
p.p.s. Do you have any questions about list building? Pop them in the comments section below and I’ll be glad to answer them for you!