Stu Sensei Says: Get Tweetdeck
Tweetdeck is a free multiple social site profile management application (say that fast 10 times) which I came across a while ago and one that I’m going to be using for a long time to come because it just keeps getting better and better.
Originally, Tweetdeck was designed with Twitter in mind and was only a desktop app, but has come a very long way. You can now manage your Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Buzz, Foursquare, and Myspace profiles from the one apllication.
And did I mention it now has many different applications for PC, Mac, Linux, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad?
When it was new, I wanted to use it for my Twitter account and had it for my desktop.
I like using Twitter but I didn’t like using the Twitter.com site for a few reasons. Them being, the Twitter home page would scroll very sloooooowwwwly, and I when I wanted to unfollow someone, I had to go to that user’s page and then click on “unfollow”.
Tweetdeck solves those problems and provides me with even more eye-popping features.
The best features being…
– I can see the main news feed, my mentions, my direct messages and my Facebook news feed all on the one screen.
– I can follow and unfollow anyone without going to their profile page (although Twitter.com lets you do that now too).
– I can retweet, reply, send a direct message to a user in a click or two.
– I can schedule Tweets (love this one).
– I can upload pics, videos and record a video with your webcam and Tweet it right away.
– I can manage/tweet from multiple Twitter accounts by switching them on/off.
There are more like, auto url shrinking, TweetShrinking, translation, see recent hash tags you’ve used and more.
I’ve probably forgotten many but I think you get the gist of it.
The best thing is it’s free and like I said, it keeps getting better. It’s fast and light on your computer.
If you use Twitter and/or other social networking sites and want a central control panel, you can’t beat Tweetdeck. I give it double thumbs up.
You can download TweetDeck here for free.
And by the way, if you’re on Twitter, please follow me! Here’s my Twitter profile: http://www.twitter.com/StuartStirling
Stu “Senei” Stirling
p.s. What do you think of Tweetdeck?